cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Tansfer contact list to Digital Voice handset

Go to solution

Has anyone discovered a way to transfer contact list from my previous cordless phones (BT4600)?

I know that officially it is not possible, but maybe someone has found a way to do it.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Tansfer contact list to Digital Voice handset

Go to solution

from previous posts you cannot export contacts from the BT 4600 so cannot transfer to any phone never mind DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution
hello imjolly
I've just signed up to BT's Full Fibre 900 with HALO 3
BTW only getting 100Mbps
Along with the package I get two Digital Voice Handsets so please confirm I cannot Transfer my BT 4600 contacts to the DVH - sorry I'm a darned nuisance on a learning curve with these new fangled gizmo's...joe
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

@K5054 

You cannot transfer contacts.

Just plug your BT4600 base unit into the phone socket on the back of the smart hub 2, and just carry on using that, you do not have to use the new handsets.

If your BT4600  base unit is not near the home hub, then as for a free Digital Voice Adapter instead, and you can plug the base unit in anywhere.

Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

Thank you! I was very disappointed with the Alexa Digital Voice phones. Poor quality and a nightmare having to type in 100+ contacts. Really backward step with modern technology. Your tip works fine and I have kept my old phones and sent the new ones back.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe 

I wonder what possible reason there could be for this. Perhaps all the people at BT HQ have slaves to do this kind of menial task for them.

Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

I have not been able to transfer my contacts from my BT 8600 phone to the new Digital Voice handsets but I did manage to export my contacts from my iPhone to my computer as a .vcf file then open up the hub management page in my browser and import them.

Some of them have not imported both landline and mobile numbers correctly so I am currently in the process of converting the .vcf to a .csc file so that I can edit them on the computer, much easier than tediously entering everything on the phone, then I will convert it back to a .vcf and hopefully it will import it more accurately than how it is at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

@sandra51 

I would not be getting rid of the BT 8600, as it has features like call blocking by "whitelist" which is not present on the BT supplied phones, so you are likely to get a lot more scam calls.

Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

I will be keeping them until they break, as I was disappointed to find that I slipped up by getting the two basic phones instead of the single advanced one, as I have no need for Alexa on my phone and thought that was the only additional feature and I didn't know that I could simply plug my existing base station into the router and continue to use them.

I like the one button call blocking feature of the new handsets but find it very annoying that the key pad is not illuminated like it has been on every handset I have had since the start of the 21st century and I cannot believe that these handsets don't have it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

My BT 4600 phones have a one button block, but I have never used it as all unknown callers have to announce themselves, so I never get any spam calls.