cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Told we have a Telecare marker on account

We too have the same problem.  Never had telecare although I have been told there is a permanent "marker" on our account that is in a system that is so old they cannot remove it.    Our problem is that we need to keep the same number as my 86 year old disabled husband has has the same number for over 50 years .  However,  BT say this is not possible.   BT solution is to close our account and open another one but along with that we will have to have a new number as there is no guarantee we can have our old number.   There is a chance, but logically if there is a marker on an old number, surely when requested the marker will still be on it.    So for the moment we are "trapped"  with BT and cannot get out of it for a cheaper broadband package  even with EE unless we give up our number.   All we wanted to do as pensioners was to get a cheaper broadband package.    The telephone is my husband's life line.  Surely there is a way for this to be resolved.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Told we have a Telecare marker on account

Hi @AIPH

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the confusion around the marker you've been told is on your account.  I understand when you move you'd like to keep your number when moving over to Digital Voice.  As your number is with BT at the moment, the number should transfer over when you move.

We can pick up from here and look into getting the marker removed.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Openreach (apparently) have flagged me as having a careline device

Hi @AIPH,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

I have replied to your private message. If you need any other help, please get in touch.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Re: Openreach (apparently) have flagged me as having a careline device

In June we were searching out a new package to replace Sky TV and mobile/broadband. We went in to the EE Hereford store and we were told there wasn't anything they could do because we had a Telecare block on our line.

WE made contact with BT who told us we would have to create a new account and we were reassured all was well we could sign up to EE TV mobile and Broadband the account would start anew and a second TV viewing box would be included. We have spent hours on the phone to BT, we've spent hours setting up all the individual apps and passwords for each of the TV viewing options. The process is not as straight forward as one might imagine. 

Can anyone understand how unhappy I might be finding out the tele care tag is still in situ and blocking our choices. Today we have found out that we were seriously mislead and the Telecare block is still in place which means we can't move over to EE TV or have a second viewing box.

Having spoken to the manger above the chap we first encountered the result was that our only option was to cancel everything with BT and seek our needs else where, Surely not again. 

We are now sat here in total disbelief that we have been limited in our choices by a tele care tag that is not something we need or want. We feel this needs further investigation as to the legality of this enforced restriction of choice.

Does the public know the BT Telecare tag can not be removed? 

We are seeking alternatives and will return to SKY if this situation is not resolved in contacting the community. I see private messages are passed on but did those message lead to positive outcomes? It would be helpful to know that the problem does have a solution

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Re: Told we have a Telecare marker on account

Hello
Can you tell me please
Did this issue resolve with the removal of the marker?
This issue is a very frustrating one that rules out choice and is not acceptable
0 Ratings