cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Trying to track a landline phone fault

First, for the life of me I cannot use the track a fault .

I log on to my BT, select Landline then LOGIN AND TRACK. I then get "the following Account not linked to my BT ID" -

I go to Link account to ID and the page states already linked to my ID. I then try again and he next page states "Sorry, we can't get your account details at the moment; terribly frustrating.

I cannot seem to find how to talk to an online chat box either!

Please does anyone know how to track a fault ongoing now for three weeks?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Trying to track a landline phone fault

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the swift reply.

Been there, done that.

I used the text number and awaiting a reply to "testing my line" from the bot.

It just wants to reset my hub, when clearly it is a reported fault that needs to be clarified as to why it is taking three weeks.

What I don't understand is why I cannot track a fault that as already been reported?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

@Reganonwrote:

I cannot seem to find how to talk to an online chat box either!

From my link:

rbz5416_1-1729508057740.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

clicking on the message now button just gives me a bigger version- lol

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I give up...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

@Reganon 

use the link @rbz5416  posted then message us then existing customer then select the department you want

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

use the link @rbz5416  posted then message us then existing customer then select the department you want

I hover over the link given and just get the magnifying glass -  it is a png file no link lies under it!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Good afternoon @Reganon.

After originally sharing the link, @rbz5416 also shared a screenshot of what you should see when you head to this page. 

This was just for reference and won't take you to this page, but their link further up the thread will 😊

You'll be able to connect to our team via this option, who can then help you track your fault.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Thank you for sticking with me and clarifying what the previous 'helper' didn't and frustratingly saying "I give up". Making me feel like a clown.

I have now been contacted by a EE helpdesk? who can see the fault report and informed me the fault was cleared off as 'Indeterminate' ? When in actual fact it is still faulty. The help desk as now re-reported it and raised a complaint. Thanks to all who as replied.

0 Ratings