cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Using BT Premium phones with Halo system

I bought a pair of BT Premium Cordless phones (which worked well) but shortly afterwards we transferred to fibre and BT Halo.

BT Halo came with an Advanced digital phone (with Alexir capability).

I plugged the twin Premium phones into phone socket on the rear of the BT Hub. The Advanced phone works over WiFi of course. All 3 phones then work FOR A WHILE! Before long incoming calls start ringing only on the Advanced phone, not on the Premium phones and I cannot access calls history or use the either of the Premium phones. Unplugging from the hub and plugging back in fixes the situation - again, for a while!  Sometimes, when the Premium phones stop working they emit a very loud siren type noise, the only way to stop it is again to unplug and plug back in.

This is all very frustrating!
Can anyone offer an explanation or, even better, a fix?

I can also see some advantages of the Premium phones over the new ones - so if I have to replace them with e.g. the BT Essential Home Phone (I don't have Alexir so no point buying the Advanced one) please can you tell me whether either of the following things are then possible - I read through the manual but could not find references?
1) Can I import multiple contacts in one go (I was able to do this to the Premium phones) - very handy!
2) Can I ring another handset internally (again, I can do this with the Premium phones - handy for having a quick conversation between different parts of the house)?
3) Can I transfer contacts entered on one handset (Advanced or Essential) to the other handsets?

The lack of any of the above seems to me a downgrading of the system rather than an upgrading.

Thanks

Norman B

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using BT Premium phones with Halo system

BT Halo has nothing to do with the phone system which is now Digital Voice and works over DECT not wifi with the SH2 as the DECT base station

importing contact is possible but not straightforward and there are posts on the forum which detail how others have managed to get contacts imported to new DV phone

you DV system is capable of receiving 2 calls at same time or make call/receive call at same time.  you can change this facility in phone settings from 'multi' to 'single' and then you can transfer to other phone on system

the contacts on the DV phones are stored in base

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@nb_dancer wrote:

I bought a pair of BT Premium Cordless phones (which worked well) but shortly afterwards we transferred to fibre and BT Halo.

Halo is a benefits package add-on not a technology.

BT Halo came with an Advanced digital phone (with Alexir capability).

I plugged the twin Premium phones into phone socket on the rear of the BT Hub. The Advanced phone works over WiFi of course.

No it doesn't, it is DECT (cordless)

All 3 phones then work FOR A WHILE! Before long incoming calls start ringing only on the Advanced phone, not on the Premium phones and I cannot access calls history or use the either of the Premium phones. Unplugging from the hub and plugging back in fixes the situation - again, for a while!  Sometimes, when the Premium phones stop working they emit a very loud siren type noise, the only way to stop it is again to unplug and plug back in.

This is all very frustrating!
Can anyone offer an explanation or, even better, a fix?

I can also see some advantages of the Premium phones over the new ones - so if I have to replace them with e.g. the BT Essential Home Phone (I don't have Alexir so no point buying the Advanced one) please can you tell me whether either of the following things are then possible - I read through the manual but could not find references?
1) Can I import multiple contacts in one go (I was able to do this to the Premium phones) - very handy!

Yes
2) Can I ring another handset internally (again, I can do this with the Premium phones - handy for having a quick conversation between different parts of the house)?

Yes
3) Can I transfer contacts entered on one handset (Advanced or Essential) to the other handsets?

Any contacts entered on one phone are automatically  entered on all.

The lack of any of the above seems to me a downgrading of the system rather than an upgrading.

Thanks

Norman B

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for correcting my misunderstandings, wrong use of terms regarding the technology and for suggestions on importing contacts.  I shall search the forum for that.

However no suggestions why the Premium phones, plugged into the back of the router, only work for a while - any ideas/solutions.

Thanks

Norman B

0 Ratings