cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: VOIP - will existing cordless phones still work?

@licquorice-That is very helpful and I was going to follow your suggestion of back-feeding the phone line from the router to the customer circuits that are seperated in the master socket, as I am still FTTC too.  The trouble for me is that, in sorting out an unrelated connection issue, an Openreach engineer recently updated the Mk3 faceplate for a Mk4, and the Mk4 has both the broadband output and customer socket on the removeable faceplate and all the customer wiring is now on the backplate.  Thus there is now no customer circiuit wire connection between the faceplate and backplate,  so I can't follow your clever plan!  Any suggestions please?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

@Breenie 

Probably best to install a second basic BT socket next to the master socket & move the extension wiring to that.

Message 13 of 17

@rbz5416  - Yes, of course!  If I connected one port of a new twin socket to the green socket on the router with a double-ended phone cable, then I could wire the extension wiring into the back and use the second socket for the phone.  Working it all in reverse?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

@Breenie 

Yes, or just use a two-way splitter into the SH2, whichever works best for you.

Message 15 of 17

Thank you all for your ingenious solutions! 

But all I need to know is "Will I be able to plug the Master cordless phone (the one which plugs into a different BT socket, currently) into my BT Router - so that it operates all the other cordless phones?". 

Can it really be that simple? 

Hope so!  TIA!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Yes, it really is that simple.

You can plug the base station in any backwired extension socket or directly in the hub, it doesn't have to be in the rear of the hub.

Message 17 of 17

@Devonboy55wrote:

Thank you all for your ingenious solutions! 

But all I need to know is "Will I be able to plug the Master cordless phone (the one which plugs into a different BT socket, currently) into my BT Router - so that it operates all the other cordless phones?". 

Can it really be that simple? 

Hope so!  TIA!

You mean the same question you started this thread with 10 months ago & which was answered a minute later?