cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Vulnerable elderly neighbour, no dial tone, engineer failed to show up - what next?

I've been helping my elderly neighbour to report a line fault (she's had no dial tone for over a week). She wears an alarm pendant in case she falls, but it's useless without a functional phone line so this situation is making her very nervous. I believe she is registered with BT as a priority customer.

After repeatedly calling them using a mobile, BT registered the fault a few days ago and she was delighted to receive a text stating that an engineer was booked to visit her this afternoon.

But no-one showed up.

So what now? She's upset and fed up with chasing them. The fault tracker still shows the fault as open and still ends with today's missed appointment. Will the BT system realise that the engineer failed to visit and automatically make another appointment? Is there anything we can do to prod BT via their MyBT website or app? Does she need to start the fault reporting process all over again? 

Any advice would be appreciated as she's at the end of her tether.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Vulnerable elderly neighbour, no dial tone, engineer failed to show up - what next?

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Re: Vulnerable elderly neighbour, no dial tone, engineer failed to show up - what next?

Hi @Chris53 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry your neighbour is having trouble getting the line repaired. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Cheers

David

Message 4 of 4

Hi David,
Just to let you know that a couple of Openreach engineers have arrived and are looking in a BT manhole outside my neighbour's house trying to pinpoint the fault. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.
Many thanks,
Chris