Message 1 of 2

Welfare Case

Hi,

I have just had a very frustrating morning trying to arrange for BT services to be installed for my disabled elderly mother at her new home for the 22nd April without success. Can any one help please?

Prior to the the confirmed moving dates I ordered a new line and the cease of the old line on the 14th April, on the basis that:-

A) Both the provision and the cease needed to be on the same day.

B)It was best to set the date slightly early as it would be very easy to alter it to a later date.

After the move date was confirmed to be 22nd April I subsequently tried changing on line both the cease and provision to be on the 22nd April.

PROBLEM - the provision was moved to the 22nd April but the cease stayed on 14thApril - NOT GOOD Mum would have no landline for 7 days and the line is essential for communication especially considering all the peaple and services involved in the move need to stay in contact with her.

Today speaking with BT there was nothing they could do to rectify the cease of the existing line to be the 22nd April. They could only cancel the whole order and raise a new order for the old line to be ceased on the 22nd April but the new line at the new property would not be installed until the 25th April.

Having no real option we had to agree with this option but essentially it leaves my Mum who I have said is disabled and in her 80s without a telephone line for 3 days which is dangerous and very distressing for her. She finds using mobile phones very difficult and confusing to use, and is therefore very dependant upon her landline.

Can anyone help in escalating this so she has the new line installed on 22nd April as was the case the the original order.

Thank you.

Dan

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Welfare Case

Hi, @Dan10 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry about the problems encountered when organising your mother's home move. I can't make any promises yet but we'll be happy to take a look to see if anything can be done to bring the connection date forward. 

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over the details to the moderation team. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings