cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

When to install Smarthub2?

I’m being changed to Full Fibre in a couple of days and my new Smarthub2 has just arrived.

The little video that BT sends you says to install the new hub "as soon as it arrives".

Is that correct? Even if Fibre is not installed yet?

I’m planning on asking the installer to install my Fibre connection in a different place to my current line/hub so if I install the Smarthub2 now, I’ll have to move it during the Fibre install.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: When to install Smarthub2?

no point installing SH2 on your FTTC connection as you would then need to change setting to FTTP and restart hub when FTTP installed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for confirming. Thought it was a bit daft telling me to "install it as soon as it arrives".

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The hub2 will work just fine on FTTC with the setting configured as FTTP mode on.

With FTTC it accepts the input on the DSL socket, with FTTP on LAN port4. Its up to you if you wish to use it now or leave it until FTTP is enabled.

0 Ratings