cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Wish I had never bothered....

EE sell us a newer cheaper service, BT digital...no idea what it is but its cheaper...'we're all part of the same family' I'm told so it'll be seemless...

New phone & router arrive, I plug it all in, happy days...I didnt even know I was getting a new phone?

Then the problems start...

People say I havent been answering my calls? I say you havent called me???

I call my mobile from my new handset...its shows a number I dont recognise??

I call EE, they say oh didnt they tell you, you get a new number now you are 'digital' (whatever that means)

I never agreed to this?? give me my old number back...

I call EE, they say its a BT issue...

BT say they can put my old number back, it'll take 10 days!! I'm shocked, I moan but to no avail...

Today around 10am my phone stops working without warning...

I enquire as to why...'its all ok our end'....clearly its not...

After over an hour of reboots,  switch on, switch off, blah blah...we're no further into the issue, they dont know why??

The call is left with the advice 'give it till the end of the day and maybe it will be ok'

We will see....in the meantime I have no numbers...neither the old one or the new one 🙂

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wish I had never bothered....

@Hector1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Are you actually an EE customer?

If you are, then they have their own forum, as this would have nothing to do with BT Retail.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yup, but its BT they put me through too...and BT who have been on the phone with me for the last hour...

Not cool to pass the buck 😞
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Hector1 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

EE don't yet offer Digital Voice, your phone and broadband will be with BT, you'll need to speak with BT help team for support.
Mobile services will be on the EE side with a different account number and direct debit.