cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

access to emergency calls from landline during a power failure, after Digital Voice rolls out

Emergency calls from a landline during a power failure, are, at the moment, possible.  After the Digital Voice rollout will this still be possible, if I do not have a mobile? If I did have a mobile, how long would the service last if the power outage was lengthy?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: access to emergency calls from landline during a power failure, after Digital Voice rolls out

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: access to emergency calls from landline during a power failure, after Digital Voice rolls out

If there is a power cut your Digital Voice service will not work and that includes for emergency calls. You would need some form of battery back up in order to keep the BT hub functioning.

If you presently use a cordless phone it would be the same during a power cut because the base station for the cordless phone would be without power.

If you get a mobile phone, assuming you keep the battery charged, depending on the size of the battery it will last at least 24 hours. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@man001   Duration of back-up power at mobile phone base stations varies, and may run out long before your handset battery is exhausted.     More detail on this at https://bt-digital-voice.blogspot.com

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@man001  Although I'm not on DV yet I now keep an ANKER PowerCore  Essential 20000 in the house. It'll charge a mobile up three or four times. It can be carried on holiday if needed as well.

0 Ratings