cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: cannot get through to elderly relative on landline

Go to solution

Have you tried calling them from another phone? 
You get this response if they may have accidentally blocked your number.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Hi, i have yes, same response. 
i eventually got through to someone on direct message last night. 
apparently mumber isn’t even BT which I find strange. 
Driving over this morning to do welfare check. 
thank you everyone

so glad i’m not a BT customer 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Its easy to check whether its a BT number, Ofcom have a database.

What are the first six digits of their number? Please do not post the full number.

It its not BT, then its not BT`s fault, as the line tester only works with BT Retail numbers.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

If you are concerned about the welfare of a child, individual or family and a Police welfare check is appropriate in line with the Police guidance, then a welfare check should be requested by calling 101, or 999 if there is concern that there is an immediate risk to life. 

If you are unsure if a police welfare check is appropriate you should discuss this with the local authority's designated lead for safeguarding.  Ring the Council as lines should be manned 24/7.

If a police welfare check is not deemed appropriate, you should consider the steps you can reasonably take to be assured of the safety of a child, individual or family. This may include a home visit, contact via telephone or social media, or discussions with other professionals or practitioners in contact with them.

RIC9380

Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Hopefully your relative is fine , but what a weird thing to say , you are not a BT customer , your relative is ( apparently ) not a BT customer , you post on a forum for BT customers and get a more than helpful response, even though your problem in not getting through to your relative has nothing to do with BT , and yet you express relief that you are not a BT customer …..

Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

This is worse than Facebook

wrong advice

advice not asked for

people questioning my responses and opinions

For those that gave advice around my specific request thank you.
i’m out

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

What people are trying to explain to you is that not all phone numbers belong to BT.

Sky, Talk Talk, Vodafone, ect have their own number range which, although are supplied via the Openreach network via LLU (local loop unbundling), you can’t test using the BT system.

0 Ratings