cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

3rd Party Own CPE Router for BT Full Fibre 900

Go to solution

Hey all.

This question I know has been asked many times but ive not seen something current and seeing as the Fibre Infrastructure in my area is brand new I thought i'd best ask.

I am hopefully having Full Fibre 900 provisioned at some point soon and I have an ER-X Router which ive put some much time into configuring. Currently it connects to my Virgin Cable Modem which is in Modem only mode, so indeed the ER-X and its eth0 interface is the WAN port and contains a DHCP external IP. Works great.....

With BT however an ONT will be installed and I was hoping I could just unplug my ER-X from virgin and ping it straight into the ONT. Now im seeing a ton of conflicting information out there as what I need to do. I'm hearing some exchanges support DHCPv6 PD and I need to configure that to authenticate but I'm also seeing PPPOE auth is all you need.

Can anyone confirm what BT are using these days?

I can configure either of the above on my ER-X but with PPPOE I need to specify dummy credentials right?

Screenshot 2023-11-17 113143.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: 3rd Party Own CPE Router for BT Full Fibre 900

Go to solution

are you going broadband only or adding digital voice?  if adding DV then you must connect the BT hub to ONT and then connect your equipment to hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Im going broadband only, in fact even if VOIP is offered as part of the package I dont mind losing it, I havent had a phone line in 10 years. I want to do away with the hub and connect directly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

as you are broadband only then your should be able to connect direct to the ONT

username  bthomehub@btbroadband.com

password can be anything many just use BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

And that’s a PPPOE interface yeah?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you Sir.

0 Ratings