cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

3rd Party Router/Firewall and IPV6 on FTTP

Hello,

I would like some advice on how I can set up IPV6 on BT FTTP.  

Router/Firewall: Sophos XG 20.0.2 MR-2

The WAN interface of the firewall is directly connected to the ONT. It has been running fine this way for the past 2 years using PPPoE and the usual configuration for a 3rd party router/firewall for IPV4.

I went to enable IPV6 configuration today following pieces of information I found for PFSense/OPNSense but I am unable to obtain a IPV6 assignment. Screenshot of the current configuration is below.

Has anyone had any luck in getting IPV6 working using Sophos XG? If yes, would you be able to share a comparative screenshot of your configuration?

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 21.09.26.png

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: 3rd Party Router/Firewall and IPV6 on FTTP

Select delegated. BT implementation is /56 PD

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: 3rd Party Router/Firewall and IPV6 on FTTP

Hi licquorice

I thought that might be the case but the screenshot below shows a few interesting things.

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 21.17.38.png

Upstream Interface* - None present on the dropdown. I am editing the WAN interface here.

IPv6 Address - I am only ably to enter data in the Subnet ID and Interface ID fields.

Router Advertisement - Off by default. Turned On.

DHCP v6 Server - Off by default. Turned On.

Gateway Name* - Blank by default. Defined in the same fashion as the IPV4 Gateway Name.

Gateway IP* - Blank by default. Not sure on what to enter here.

The fields marked with a * are mandatory. Leaving everything as is in the screenshot, I cannot save the configuration as I am expected to input a Gateway IP.

0 Ratings