cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

A networking noob wants someone to check if this will work

My house setup is as follows: https://ibb.co/rQjKvTP

At point A, the internet comes into my house and I have my BT Smart Hub 2 there. Currently it just has the wireless turned off and I have 2 Google Wifi mesh points, one at point A and one at B.

The setup is performing averagely, so I want to improve. First - I've had a wired connection run from A to B. Second - I have bought a SH2 business unit to replace mine so that I can put it into a proper 'bridge' mode.

Third is where I'm now at. My plan is to buy a UniFi Dream Router to go at point A, and a UniFi 6 Long Range Access Point to go at point B. Will this give me a good setup?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: A networking noob wants someone to check if this will work

As regards what you intend to do, it will work and may give you better wireless coverage.

Good wireless signals depend on many factors such as the construction of your property. The thickness and construction of the internal walls and if they have any form of insulation within them which can impeded wireless signals so it is not possible to say if your wireless signal will definitely improve or not.

Message 3 of 3

Re: A networking noob wants someone to check if this will work

Based on the excellent performance of my BT Complete WiFi in a much larger house than yours I would say think again.  A single black disk placed somewhere near the head of the stairs should deliver a good signal to point B and, in all likelihood, to the rest of the house too.

0 Ratings