cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Adding gaming router

Hi

Are you using the latest 3.0 beta firmware on the XR?

if so the built in bufferbloat test is still being worked on so I would recommend you use PingPlotter to set up the congestion control. 

I take it you have disabled the WiFi on the tp link if you have the XR in the DMZ? 

The XR series of routers needs to control all your devices or else CC is not going to work well.

If you want to try a modem only you can find a few old HG612s out there as well as a few from vigor and Zyxel do one but not all are equal so just be aware they may impact on your connection rates. 
moderate Nat is showing you are behind a firewall, there’s a couple of things to try like the open NAT option or port forwarding. Saying that moderate will not effect your latency and it’s just effects who you can join which I’m guessing you play COD. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Yes using the 3.0 on the xr. The ping underload is still high and it is being worked on. I have switched off the WiFi on the tp link little switch on back.

On the tp link i put the wan IP of the xr into DMZ on tp to avoid double natting, Everything is now connected to the xr, the only thing connected to tp is the xr with ethernet.  Yeah cod showing moderate and other games are jerking and stuttering.

As the connection is banded again I thought about trying the hg612 as my cabinet is Huawei and I think the chipset and cabinet go together, where my tp is lantiq I think.

Thanks guys

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

I use the HG612 and I’ve tried the Vigors including the 166 which hammered my connection. 

If you get stuck search out Netdumas forum as that’s the best place for help, in fact support from Netduma is second to none unlike many others. If you add a @Newfie I’ll pick up the post in my alerts too.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Putting a device in a DMZ doesn't avoid double natting, it avoids double port forwarding.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Hi guys 

As recommended on here I ordered a hg612 as I have a tp link to xr at mo. 

Any ideas how to set up hg612 I connected it to a pc on Lan 2 and type the IP address to try it and look at the interface and I'm getting nothing.

I've also pushed the white button in to reset it.

I know the rj11 not connected but should still be able browse the interface from lan2 to pc.

Cheers guys

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Unless it is unlocked, you cannot access it. There is nothing to configure, it is just plug and play with BT VDSL.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

How do u see your line stats sync rate, max Rate, snr, line att. Any errors. 

Even with hub u see that. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

You will need to unlock it if you wish to see line stats. It is a fairly trivial procedure.  https://kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612hacking.htm

Use the GUI firmware

Link to firmware is on this page https://kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612unlock.htm

0 Ratings