cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Advice on connecting Fritzbox 7530 AX

Go to solution

I’m currently using fibre 100 with halo 3, speeds are good with connection from a master 5c socket with the  dsl cable in to a bt hub 6 dsl grey socket.

My question is I want to test a Fritzbox 7530AX as a new standalone router, I have tried the cable which is rj11 to rj45 and as two wired pins only,  but unit does not connect,  searched the forum for info. The only thing I cannot try is the original dsl bt cable with 4 wires until a converter arrives.

Is anyone else using this router and if so could you please share what settings you made.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Advice on connecting Fritzbox 7530 AX

Go to solution

deleted by poster

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

you appear to be on G.Fast if using master and don't think the Frizbox 7530ax works on g.fast need 7590

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

I just thought  as these are used for full fibre by some current other  providers like Zen it would be ok to test.

thank you for replying.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Deleted.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Full fibre doesn't require a modem/ router. The ONT (optical modem) connects to the WAN port of the router bypassing the modem portion of the device.

Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Thank you for the message, learning all the time on this subject. Will need to wait until my contract is up and perhaps choose my options at a later date.

My reason for asking is the new EV charger being installed runs on wi fi, was trying to test this router for signal strength around the house.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Fritzbox routers are great for many applications, but signal strength is often not one of them, though an AX router to the charging point, if that's AX, should be good!

Are you absolutely sure you are on a Full-Fibre 100 as that would be provided by an ONT and not connected to the master socket?

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

G.Fast, see message 3

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

I have not used a Fritzbox for years because of the poor wifi range but in the past I have used both the Fritzbox 7590, (which also has a separate WAN port), and the Fritzbox 7530, (which only has a DSL port and four ethernet ports).

With the Fritzbox 7530 you will need to connect the first ethernet port to the ONT via an ethernet cable, (either another ethernet cable from your Frizbox 7530AX to your PC or set a wirelessly connect your device to the Fritzbox 7530AX using the wifi information that is located on the ID plaque that is under the Fritzbox), and then use the following setup guide from Zen to set up the router for use with BT substituting Zen login information for BT Login Info :

Full Fibre Router Settings | Help & Support | Zen

Zen FTTP via Openreach is the same setup as for BT FTTP but the account user name and password for BT will be;

Broadband Username      =       bthomehub@btbroadband.com  

Broadband Password      =        BT

Using the above link it should be easy to set up