cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Amazon Echo does not connect to Wifi

Go to solution

Apologies for the question, but I am quite lost. I am just trying to setup two Amazon Echo 4th gen's but neither will connect to the WiFi. 

We have a BT Halo setup at home, with the latest BT Smart Hub 2. The hub is located in the living room, as is the Echo (within 8 feet) We have several other devices connected to the WiFi albeit no Amazon Echo yet. 

I have tried the manual setup option as well that Alexa has prompted but no result. 

If there is a good instruction on how to overcome this issue please let me know. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Amazon Echo does not connect to Wifi

Go to solution

are you using the Alexa app on your phone to connect?

I have numerous Echo devices connected to my SH2 without any problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply - yes, it is the Alexa app I am using on the phone but no result sofar...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

when using the app does it 'see' your hub SSID?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

When I am in the app and try to connect, I can choose my SSID from the list. I choose it, it tries to connect for a few minutes then gives up unfortunately. 

I know the feeling, but would have expected a bit more effort from a smart device.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

presumably when app tries to connect to hub SSID it asks for the wifi password?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

No, the usual order is:

• I enter setup mode on Echo (orange light)
  • I choose add device in the app and click on th ID for the echo
  • I attempt to connect to Wifi and can choose my SSID from the list
  • It tries for a couple of minutes and no result (exits set-up mode)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Okay, a factory reset of the Amazon Echo did the trick. All is now connected. Thanks for the help.

0 Ratings