cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Archer VR600 V3 to replace Smart Hub 2

I have just finished setting it up and I'm impressed so far, it definitely has more features than the SH2 and it's a very sleek bit of kit. And I was in the same exact boat, I was sent a new SH2 and the issues persisted so I decided to buy a 3rd party upgrade as a last ditch effort. Hopefully I will have the same good news as you.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

I'm sad to say the new router lasted a day before my first disconnection. While I await @MandyF and her team to contact me I thought I'd look into what you posted. @gg30340 

I bought an AM radio and went around my room looking for interference and I think I may have found something, but I'm not sure if it's normal or not? The radio goes nuts when it's near the lamp, but stops when I turn it off. I know LCD monitors produce a noise which is normal, but I have no idea about lamps?

https://youtube.com/shorts/24qusQA3rfI

It's much more audible in real life but hopefully you can still hear it, the video doesn't do it justice. I should also note the BT master socket is right next to the cabinet that the lamp sits on.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

It certainly is possible for a lamp to cause interference.

What type of bulb does it have in it - ie LED, Compact Fluorescent or old tungsten filament etc?

It could also be that the lamp's bulb holder has dirty contacts and is causing a bad contact with the bulb.

Are you able to either unplug the lamp completely for a few days, or at least move it as far away from the master socket, SmartHub and the cables that connect to the hub as possible?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

I'm not sure on the bulb (it's not LED) but I've removed it and put it into storage just to rule it out if nothing else. It's a long shot and I'm hoping the mods will actually find something but at this point I'll try anything. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

As has been suggested, I would unplug the lamp for a few days to see if things improve. If they do then all well and good, if not you have lost nothing.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

My bad luck continues, apparently the router I bought has a firmware issue where after 12 hours the router starts building errors and the connection gets worse and worse until it cuts out. I just experienced this in Overwatch where I constantly had connection issue icon on my screen. I'm now trying the beta firmware they recommend but if that doesn't work I'll have to return it for a refund. I just want stable Internet lol, I have spent so much time and money trying to get it working properly and I'm just so exhausted.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

@MandyF I spoke with one of your colleagues on Friday who said they'd call me on Tuesday but I've not heard anything yet. Can you look into if that's still on the cards. I completely forgot the gentleman's name as I had just woken up from a nap and my head was very foggy.

I've noticed my connection has been capped to 30mbps after the issues with the new router I bought (had to turn it off a few times) so I'm hoping I can get a reset. Things were stable for a couple of days after switching back to the Hub and it only just disconnected yesterday but that was a firmware update.

0 Ratings