Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: BG smart wall socket

Go to solution

HI

When in Ap mode

It ask you in WiFi on your phone to select BG home

Then to switch off mobile data

Then next screen it ask you to select your bt WiFi and then the last screen it fails

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

So we know that your phone can connect to the socket's SSID, so the socket seems to be ok.

You have disabled smart set up on the SH?

And under wifi settings on the hub, there are options to change wireless mode. Try going to option 2.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Guy many thanks for your help 

Still can not get it to work??  so i have decided no to fit this socket 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

First thing to do was turn the router onto 2.4 GHZ then reboot the router the removed the 5ghz Wi-Fi connection on my phone and reconnected to the 2.4 GHZ on my phone.

I started the socket in AP mode then connected the WI-FI to the socket W-IFI.

I then went to the next stage in the app and looked for my home WI-FI which I could not see, I saw an item that said search hidden WI-FI and saw my home WI-FI so connected to that.

The socket finally was noticed by the app but this took several attempts. When it was connected then turned 5GHZ back on the router rebooted it and then reverted my phone back to 5GHZ.

This took me a whole afternoon to do I found it very long winded having to keep trying.

0 Ratings