cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Business Complete Wifi Plus ("Discs" either not connecting, or keep disconnecting)

Go to solution

Hi there,

I have just replaced my Smart Hub 2 with a Smart Hub 3. The connection is live and works well.

I have a 2000sqft business building split over two floors

I had been using six TP Link Deco devices (as I need ethernet plugs in each room for some devices that need to be physically connected)

BT sent me Business Complete Wifi Plus "Discs" - these are black and square, not the circular type

I have paired each disc with the Smart Hub 3 and then moved it in to position. In some cases this is 3m away from the smart hub in another room, 2m away in another room, 10m away in another room, 15m away in another room - and then upstairs around 5m directly from the hub and 2m directly above the hub.

The problem is, all the discs pair correctly, however when moved to any locations more than just a meter away from the smart hub 3 the connection drops out or totally disconnects. In most cases when moved to their new locations the discs just flash orange and don't connect at all. The quick start guide doesn't mention why they are flashing orange, and periodically they also go back to flashing green.

As a result, none of my wired devices are online, keep disconnecting or just not reconnecting.

I didn't have any problems when running the Deco system apart from the very odd drop out. BT assured me these would work to replace that system better.

The BT App says the discs are all set up and "Excellent", however this is clearly not the case.

There are 6 discs in all plus the Smart Hub 3. But even if I just use 1 disc, I have the same problem.

Any ideas please? I can't seem to find anything online about these "Business Discs" and the instructions for setting up the circular ones seem to be slightly different from what the instructions in the box say for these.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Business Complete Wifi Plus ("Discs" either not connecting, or keep disconnecting)

Go to solution

@medialinx 

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Business Complete Wifi Plus ("Discs" either not connecting, or keep disconnecting)

Go to solution

Thank you. Yes, I am a business customer. I have just posted it over there. Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings