cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Home HUB 2 DMZ settings

Go to solution

HI , have a BT Home hub2 , trying to set up a DMZ one for 1 device to be used as a display device -such as NOKIA 8000 Android box ,and Firestick (understand is only 1 device on this router ?

1) how do you check if the DMZ is working ? (done save and reboot but the device keeps getting same IP address as before ?

2) can the device be set on class a range example 10.10.100.2/24  and have a default gateway as BT home hub2 address ? 

3) if we choose to have NETGEAR can this be used as a ingress point for the BB ? and what will happens to the Digital phone services ? if the Netgear is used (where you can have more control on device access .

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Home HUB 2 DMZ settings

Go to solution

Not entirely sure what you mean

By definition, you can only have 1 device in the DMZ of any router.

Why are you expecting the IP address of the device to change, again by definition it needs to be constant as you have placed that address in the DMZ.

You can use any third party router you like as the first device connected to your broadband but will be unable to use Digital Voice if you do.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Why would you need to set up a Nokia 8000 streaming box, or a firestick in a network DMZ?  Are you under the impression that doing so would enable content that you otherwise couldn't see, or do you have some server running on them?  Sorry, but at the moment this makes no sense to me whatsoever!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Glad it's not just me.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi ,

ref: Why would you need to set up a Nokia 8000 streaming box, or a firestick in a network DMZ? 

{Want the streaming to be away from Lan - devices -so used as just one way display content AND trying to avoid other devices access } stopping the kids accessing ,and leave them in the kitchen -so limiting the time of usage and just want them away from local devices .}

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I fear you are misunderstanding what a DMZ is. I fear you are also probably misunderstanding the ingenuity of kids to defeat technological restrictions.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

A dmz opens all ports and avoids the router to the fire wall allowing full 2 way communication across the Internet, defenantly not something you want to do with a streaming device 

0 Ratings