cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

BT Hybrid Connect loss of 4G connection-Simple fix!

I recently noticed our Hybrid Connect box had lost the 4G signal. (Steady red bars on signal strength lights instead of blue) We’ve not really needed this but I decided I ought to do something about it today. Had a look on here and the BT App for suggestions but the usual turn it off and on again didn’t work, ditto with the hub. Wasn’t in the mood for a long phone queue so thought I’d try the report by text route. I was pleasantly surprised that this worked, though was a bit drawn out!  I’d phoned 150 but there was an option to go via text and this led to a series of remote diagnostic checks and finally a message board with a human where after security checks I was asked to do some checks on the Hybrid Connect.  I was then asked to remove the SIM card and tray, make sure the SIM card contacts  were clean and properly located in the tray, and reinstall it. I didn’t actually realise the unit contained a SIM but that makes sense when you think about it! This indeed turned out to be the problem, the unit is now working, result!

I’m posting this in case it helps anyone else, as I didn’t find this advice searching here, or the internet generally.  (Disclaimer: If you’re not confident removing the SIM on your phone maybe get someone else to do this for you)