cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Hybrid External EE Aerial

We have BT complete wifi and barely get 32Mb download speeds.  We have no fibre options in our area and no other service providers.  I looked at the Hybrid option but our EE isn't the best, it says a good coverage outside but not great indoors.  I have a few questions:

- can I just get an external aerial for EE and then upgrade to Hybrid and this will give us likely better download speeds using EE?

- if this is the case is there a type of external aerial that is recommended?

- does it give you unlimited data via EE to cover the Hybrid option if the BT network speed is constantly slow?

Many thanks, sorry I don't have much experience or knowledge so these may be basic questions.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Hybrid External EE Aerial

Hybrid only comes into play when your fixed line broadband goes down, its not an addition when the broadband is working, however slow it may be.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Ah, thank you for this I didn't realise. Any ideas how I could use EE with an aerial to augment my BT Complete Wifi setup?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

There is no method of augmenting your setup.

What is it that you can't do with 32M?  Unless you are streaming multiple UHD channels, 32M should be adequate for most purposes.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

2 adults who work or video conference from home and two kids who are becoming heavy users.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Your only option is either a second line or 4G broadband.

You would not be able to aggregate the 2 though, you would have to decide who used which service.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks. Think it may be time to start looking at StarLink...
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Jonny_B I was just going to suggest looking at Skylink but you can also get 5G Broadband from some suppliers but I don't know if these would come with an external aerial..

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @NigelB72 and @Jonny_B 

I am not aware of any mainstream supplier of 5G Broadband supplying external aerials with their 5G hubs. In fact, the first stage would be to check that the hub is physically capable of supporting an external aerial, as I do not believe that is always the case.  

You can buy 5G hubs that come with external aerials direct from the the manufacturers, such as Netgear, but these tend to be far more expensive. 

0 Ratings