@licquorice 

There's two types of SH2, the FTTP version has 1 x WAN port & 3 x LAN ports

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 Flashing Purple Light but Internet Working

@Anonymous wrote:

@licquorice 

There's two types of SH2, the FTTP version has 1 x WAN port & 3 x LAN ports

Agreed, but if it was the FTTP version with a WAN port the purple lack of DSL input wouldn't flash.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

I don't have the Velop connected anymore, it's completely unplugged. I have one ethernet cable connected from the white box that gives me internet access to one slot and then my PC connected in another slot and Xbox on the other slot. So that's 3 ethernet ports used up.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

What is 'the white box', is it just an ONT or is it a router?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Not sure the technical name for it, but it's the fibre cable coiled up which then transfers the signal into ethernet, not a router. That little white box has an ethernet port which I connect the SH2 to (just like I did with the Velop).

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

But you can't just do that, the hub is locked to BT and doesn't even have a WAN port if it is the FTTC version. To clarify, does the SH2 have 3 yellow and one red port or 4 yellow ports?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

4 yellows. The internet works even with that setup, the issue is I can't access the Hub Manager. I guess without the other version of SH2 with the red port, I won't be able to access the Hub Manager?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

I have no idea of what your configuration is, but you are only using the SH2 as an Ethernet switch, not a router. I suspect your 'white box' has routing capabilities and is in a different subnet to the hub.

What is the IP address of your PC and how are you trying to connect to the hub? The hub IP address is 192.168.1.254 and you don't need an internet connection to connect to it but your PC will need to have an address in the 192.168.1.xxx subnet to be able to connect to it.

0 Ratings