cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

When are BT going to do a software update so we can name our 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi networks differently so we can easily control devices that only work on one for trouble shooting or as usual do they think they are being helpful by not allowing this even in the "Advanced" settings. Unfortunately i have over a year to go before i can dump them, and yes i have another router i could set up but why should i just give us some control.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

This is not going to happen as they are combined for the complete WiFi discs.  You need to use 3rd party router to split networks or use an old hub 6 or earlier

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, will look else where for my mesh setup as well.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Or keep your SH2 (and digital voice), disable wireless and get one or more wireless access points. Ubiquity if you want posh, repurposed router if you want bargain basement or a mid range manufacturer for in between.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

{ quote }This is not going to happen as they are combined for the complete WiFi discs.  You need to use 3rd party router to split networks or use an old hub 6 or earlier {quote}

What is the point of that then using a older hub/router when we are moving forward with technology and like 5Ghz and 3rd party stuff that do's not work on Bt's network !

And if you products are not compatible to 5GHZ they will not work and not everybody can afford to go out to buying new stuff that will not connect, like printers or CCTV what happens if you have just spent say £2000 on like 3 Ring.com cctv and they wont connect when you upgrade, Why should you have to be messing about with older and 3rd party routers when you are paying to BT every month they should supply them or make them work, so are you saying the New smart hub is not fit for purpose 

BT should state this in the small print i feel before you upgrade to digital as its a design flaw !

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The only design flaw is with the devices that don't follow standards and don't connect.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Dont understand what you have posted dont make sence ?

0 Ratings