cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT whole home wifi premium network intermittently won't allow devices to authenticate

I have a BT whole home wifi premium system running the latest available firmware (SGAB20832C) which periodically won't allow devices to authenticate to the wifi connection. The wifi password I am entering is correct but I keep getting authentication failures. I have managed to work around this by setting up a guest wifi connection and configuring devices which cant authenticate to the primary network to connect to that instead, but this is less than ideal as it then gives me other issues where devices on the different networks that need to communicate cant see each other. The issue doesn't appear to be related to any specific type of device (so far had it with Android, iOS and Windows devices), and seems to be quite intermittent in that some devices will connect fine one day and not the next, or will just flat out refuse to authenticate at all (My Samsung TV for example). I have resolved the issue in the past by factory resetting the whole network but it's a pain to then have to set it all up from scratch so I don't want to have to do this every time. I do have a lot of devices on my network so am wondering if I am hitting some kind of strange capacity limit? Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT whole home wifi premium network intermittently won't allow devices to authenticate

Hi @GrimDanFango, thanks for posting. You would be best to get in touch with the Whole Home Wifi product helpdesk. They may have come across this before and would be best placed to help you. Phone: 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm, Sat 9am to 2pm) or email them: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Cheers

John

0 Ratings