cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT900 Slow with ASUS RT-AC68U

Go to solution

Hello, 

Hardwired and using the Smart Hub 2 im seeing download speeds of around 900Mbps, so all good anb happy.

But I wanted to switch to my ASUS RT-AC68U router as I have a mesh. I have configured the PPPoE and I have connected successfully. 

The issue is im only getting around 450Mbps down using the ASUS router and I can seem to find a reason for this. 

I had the same setup in my previous house but using Virgin and their router in Modem mode and it worked perfectly, so I know the router is capable of these speeds. 

My WAN settings are as below, is it a setting issue in my router or does BT internally throttle non BT routers? 

dowen93to98_0-1669722983441.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT900 Slow with ASUS RT-AC68U

Go to solution

You haven't posted your WAN settings

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Looks like a similar setup to my Asus AX88U, except I have  "Enable VPN +DHCP Connection" option NO.

I had a similar issue but after power cycling the ONT it give me full speed,   not sure if it was a coincidence or that was what fixed it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I found a forum that discussed the AC68U (which i now cannot find) and he was having the similar issue. In the end he replaced the router with a RT-AC86U and it solved the problem. (with practically all the same settings as the 68u). 

So i did just that, got the 86u this morning and i'm now getting the full bandwidth. No idea why the 68U is struggling but it defiantly seems to be an issue with that model. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Strange one, my AX88U has just started this today

Speed is capped at 500Mbps but connect the BT SH2 and it gets 940Mbps

The AX88U had been working perfectly at 900+ up until today

ax88u.jpgbtsh2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Just found my issue, yesterday I had enabled Wireguard VPN on the Asus router.

If I disable it, speed goes back to 900+ , enable Wireguard and the speed drops to 500Mbps.

I'll stick to OpenVPN which doesn't have any issues.

0 Ratings