cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Bad internet connection all of a sudden

My router about 3-4 weeks ago suddenly started to give really bad internet connections to my devices, ranging from phones to computers. I've had the Full Fibre 900 BT Halo 3 plan for about a year now. I've tried to disconnected devices or resetting my router (which is a Smart Hub 2) and none of it has worked well.

Any idea on what else I could do?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bad internet connection all of a sudden

Define "bad internet connection".

Is this just for WiFi devices or ethernet too?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Just WiFi devices, I don't have anything plugged into the Ethernet.

The connection would basically be there but it would suddenly drop connection every 30 mins or so. And sometimes it would have slow internet for a good 20 mins 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

so it is not a bad internet connection it is a problem with the wifi connections

have you tried changing the hub wifi channels preferably using wifi analyser to see channels in use and then select a free or less congested channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

How would one change using a wifi analyser? Could I use the BT App? Or do I need to download/buy something else

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

you can get free wifi analyser on your phone android/iphone  that will show the wifi signals near you and channels in use.  you then just need to go to hub manager then advanced setting then wifi and change the wifi channels from auto/smart to a channel you select.  you don't have to change anything on your devices

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Okay so I've tried changing my channels but it seems to not work so well. I went from Smart Channel 1 to Channel 11 and to Channel 36 separately. Both changes still got the bad connections after a while. 

0 Ratings