cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Bizarre BT HUB-Sky Q Box Connection Issue. Help would be appreciated.

I have a Smart Hub 2 which I connect wirelessly throughout the house to PC, Mobile and SKY Q Box.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago when I started working from home a couple of days a week that in the evening Sky Q would be disconnected from the BT Hub and required re-connecting.  Had a suspicion this only happened after working at home but it didn't happen on both days.  Worked from home again yesterday and same thing happened, disconnected from Sky Q box in the evening and it's a bit of a pain to reconnect although it does so without any issues.  So it's definitely working from home that's the issue.

I have a work laptop and to start with I have to connect to my home WI FI.  Then I have to click a program (I assume a VPN) to connect to my companies network so I can access all drives etc.  This connection can be a bit temperamental and sometimes drops out during the day, but what I can't understand is that the connection on my PC and Mobile are stable it's just SKY Q that disconnects.  It never happens when I am not working from home, unless we have a power cut.  All very bizarre so any ideas?  Many thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bizarre BT HUB-Sky Q Box Connection Issue. Help would be appreciated.

Make sure the hub isn't using wifi channel 36, manually select another channel rather than using smart wireless.

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for such a quick reply.  Just checked and under 2.4 GHz it says Smart (Channel 11).  Other options are Channels 1,6 or 11.  Under 5 GHz is is set to Smart (Channel) 44.  Other options are Channels 36, 40, 44 and 48.  Security Type is WPA2 and Wireless Mode is Mode 1.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

the hub is using auto to connect 'smart'  you need to turn off smart auto select and then select channel 44 or 48 manually

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Thank you.  Any difference between 44 and 48?  Do I also need to change the 2.4 GHz Channel?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

No and no