cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34

Broadband Speed Dropping on and off all day

I've noticed a slow down and used the official BT app speedtest. This asks me to run more tests, which fails. Pics included. 

1000003326.png

1000003327.png

 any ideas how to get this checked? Arrange a callback?

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: Broadband Speed Dropping on and off all day

are you running test using ethernet cable not wifi?

it maybe there are other customers online at same time hence slower then normal.  have you tried later?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 34

I upgraded to the 900 a week or so ago. 

This has happened at multiple times. Hub is connected to the fibre point via ethernet. 

The test was over WiFi. Which I always do, and has always been above the stay fast guarantee up until recently. I've tested a few times today now, some fail (as shown) and others pass. 

Ps. It's not other users. Only got the kids using mobiles right now, and it's pretty much Snapchat only 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

by other user I meant other customers with whom you share your fibre connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 34

Ah, I see.
I'm in a house with fibre directly into it, and never had speed issues until the last couple of weeks. The neighbours are not relevant, as the stay fast guarantee is not being met?

I should be able to receive my promised speeds, even if they were downloading 24/7 shouldn't I?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 34

30 customers share 2.5Gbs backhaul, you do the maths.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 34

I'm not really sure what that means or why it's relevant to me? 

BT charge me for 900 internet with a stay fast promise of 700. That's not been happening today so surely I'm ok to query that? 

Also, as in the second picture the error when I try to run more tests is worth BT looking at?  

That's on their app when trying to run tests/fix 

It's also getting worse 

1000003331.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 34

you need to test with ethernet connection not wifi as wifi is subject to interference from your home and neighbours.  only ethernet test are acceptable

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 34

That's not possible to the device.
The hub from cable box is connected via cat 6 ethernet cable
The speedtests I've being checking for the last 14 months or so have always been ion WiFi, a few feet from the hub. Never been an issue until last couple of weeks
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 34

@dksglen 

Bit of a waste really. Unless you have lots of users connected to the home hub using Ethernet cables, you are not going to be able to take full advantage of any increase to 900Mbs.

This issue crops up again and again on this forum. Upgrading the speed to the hub is not going to improve the wireless speed, as that would be the slowest part of the network.

You could try changing  wireless channels to find one that is less congested, as its possible a neighbour is using the same channel.

0 Ratings