cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Broadband cable connection

My broadband cable does not connect to my Smart hub 2. The connection is red not grey (it is very old) so at this moment in time it is unusable. I have tried to contact BT in all possible ways to no avail. Help please!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband cable connection

are you trying to connect phone master socket to hub  or the fibre modem to hub like this

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

The colour of the cable us irrelevant, it is the type of connector that matters.

Presumably you previously had an Openreach modem as well as a hub. If this was the case, simply unplug the cable from the modem DSL socket and plug it in the new hub DSL socket

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do and what has changed to require it please?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thank you I found an older post of yours 24/04/20 that explained what I needed. I need to buy new cable j11 none of the existing cables I have fit into hub

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thank you I looked up older posts and found one of yours that helped

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I'm at a loss to understand why you haven't got an RJ11-RJ11 cable already. Either you had a modem that is no longer needed that would have required an RJ11-RJ11 which you can re-use, or a newer hub that would also have required an RJ11-RJ11

0 Ratings