cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Broadband - master socket location

Hi everyone,

I've just moved into a new place. The broadband master socket (master socket 5c) is located in a cupboard near the door. The flat has 2 other phone points in the bedroom and lounge, but the router only works in the master socket. Is this something that can easily be rectified as having a router in a cupboard is not very practical. I have tried connecting the router to the other socket and it just flashes pink, but connects when connected to master.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Broadband - master socket location

How are you converting the RJ11 that goes into the master socket to BT431a for the other sockets?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Master socket 5c will have a filtered faceplate hence the extensions will be filtered. Move the 2 wires that are connected to terminals 2&5 to the data extension terminals.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

The router wire goes into an ADSL filter that has two sockets, one for adsl , one for the phone , then that is plugged into the RJ11

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

You don't need another filter as the 5c has a filtered faceplate. If you have Digital Voice, you don't need a filter anywhere. Guess you are using the filter to provide an RJ11 socket. Better to get a BT 431 - RJ11 cable.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

I've assumed you have Digital Voice. If you still have an analogue voice service, you will still need the filter at the extension if you move the wires to the data extension terminals and use a phone at the extensions.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Is this part of the thing you are referrring too ?

20231213_175219.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

If that is your master socket then your extension wiring should be connected to terminals 2&5.  Is it the filter that is connected to test socket and the wire is part of filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Yes that's just the filter cable so I had Internet whilst it was open

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

A thank you by the way to all your replies.  Appreciate your time

0 Ratings