cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can I Install ONT myself?

Hello,

I recently moved homes and had issues with our original provider, due to copper wires and fibre lines. It turned out the original owners took the ONT box from the premises.

I am now with BT and was given a date of the 18th for set up, but it has been moved to the 8th September due to I assume that being the earliest we  can get an engineer.

A new ONT box was provided by an engineer upon the first inspection, my question is can I set up the ONT myself and speed up the installation process? As we have been without WiFi for over a month.

Kind Regards,

Nathan

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I Install ONT myself?

@NathanH95 

No, it has to be installed and commissioned by Openreach, before it can be brought into service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank for the Reply.

Is there no way to speed this process up? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I am sure there are countless others asking the same question but that must be earliest BT can get an openreach installer to your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings