cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Can I use a AC2900 Dual Band AI MESH Gaming Router to replace my Smart Hub 2?

Go to solution

I have this router from when I used to be with Virgin and then I would put their router into modem mode and use my router no problems. Obviously on the Smart Hub 2 there is no modem mode. 

Can I just use my router somehow or do I need to buy some sort of replacement modem? Anyone know which one would be good to get?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can I use a AC2900 Dual Band AI MESH Gaming Router to replace my Smart Hub 2?

Go to solution

Depends on your broadband service. If you have full fibre to the premises (FTTP) then you don't need a modem as the ONT is the modem. If you have standard or super fast broadband ( ADSL or VDSL) then a Huawei HG 612 from eBay would suffice.

Message 3 of 7

Re: Can I use a AC2900 Dual Band AI MESH Gaming Router to replace my Smart Hub 2?

Go to solution

I just have VDSL, will give that a look, thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Don't  pay extra for an unlocked one as it is not necessary and unlocking is fairly trivial in any case.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

This all worked perfectly, thanks, and unlocking it was pretty simple like you said

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@TPSou wrote:

This all worked perfectly, thanks, and unlocking it was pretty simple like you said

You just will not be able to use BT Digital voice.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Ah that's ok, I have a mobile phone.