cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Can't connect Nest Protect (gen2) to BT Smarthub 2

Has anyone successfully managed to get Nest Protect to connect to the Smarthub2?  On the Nest forums they seem to be suggesting the problem is with BT's settings but I don't know what to change.    https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Protect/Replaced-my-router-with-a-BT-Smart-Hub-2-on-fibr...

I'm starting to wonder if I need to buy another router but I don't know what is compatible .. It all used to work fine with my previous network - it only stopped connecting when I upgraded to BT Halo (specifically FIBRE WITH HALO 3+) and in the process was forced to accept the Smarthub2. I managed to get all of my smarthome devices (hue bulbs, alexas, google home, nest thermostat) connected to the new network BUT I have never been able to get my Nest Protect back up and running. I was determined to crack it today and so tried everything that was being advised... . I went into the Smarthub2 to turn off 5Ghz to ensure that it was definitely 2.4Ghz; I factory reset the Nest Protect (many times); I restarted my phone; I reinstalled the Nest app; I tried using the Nest app to connect both on a Pixel phone and an iPad, I checked my connection was iPv6 (which Nest Protect requires); I sat next to the Smarthub while I was trying to connect the Protect...  all to no avail. Any ideas gratefully received!  Thank you 🙂 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't connect Nest Protect (gen2) to BT Smarthub 2

when you turned of the 5ghz network did you also select the 2.4ghz wireless channel manually instead of leaving on auto?  I would suggest using s wifi analyser on your phone to see what networks are near you and channels in use then select a free or less congested channel.   you can also try changing the wifi mode from 1 to either 2 or 3 to see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings