cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Can this box be changed to a smaller one?

Hi, we have a small box by our door that then feeds into this one.  As we remove the phone line soon are we able to get a smaller version  of this box as it gets in the  way of the hall table regularly?

PXL_20240921_140035353.jpgPXL_20240921_140032406.jpg

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can this box be changed to a smaller one?

from your post the master socket (box) is wall mounted hence the box at the back whereas they are normally connected yo a box sunk in to the wall.

Th e good new though is when you move to full fibre to your home and also digital voice that box will no longer be required for your broadband and phone connection.  another small box will be installed and in a different location decided by you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thanks, Fibre could  be more than a year or so away as were in a market town. so current options woul dbe to either put up with it or sink it into the wall myself, there are no smaller boxes I could swap it for?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

What's connected to it? I don't see a microfilter which suggests a telephone, which in turn suggests your router is connected elsewhere?

But that wouldn't normall work with a filtered faceplate, unless wired for data. So what is connected where?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Not sure, this is before it, but  unless there is something else is behind furniture in the living room I dont think there is something else, we havent had anyone from BT/Openreach here for a decadePXL_20240921_152813727.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

That is simply a connector box to join the external cable to the internal cable. The other box is your master socket.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I assume you have broadband service. If so, where is the cable feeding your router/BT hub plugged into a wall mounted socket?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hard to comment further when you've largely ignored my questions...

Message 9 of 11

Apologies, I was away for the weekend.  I have not had a chance to search behind furniature, but thanks for your time on this

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

ire goes along 4 walls and behind a lot of furnature so need to have a dig, but thanks for commenting

0 Ratings