cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

losing broadband connectivity on some but not all devices

Hi,

Please can anyone offer a solution to this ongoing issue?  We have the BT Smart Hub 2 and we are losing broadband  connectivity with some but not all of our devices on a pretty regular basis, those affected are an iPad, mobile phones and television. The only way to get everyone back online is to reboot the router and it always needs doing at an inopportune moment, anyone have an idea as to what might ne causing this and how I can go about resolving it? Thank you 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: losing broadband connectivity on some but not all devices

Try a factory reset of the hub to clear out stale connections. If you have MAC randomisation enabled on any of your devices I advise disabling it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Tmouse58 

Just to add to @licquorice comment about MAC randomisation - Apple call it Private Wi-Fi Address btw .

Everytime a device that has this enabled connects to the SH2 it makes another entry in the SH2's IP address table and eventually fills that table so no more connections can be made and only a reboot clears this table.

Message 4 of 8

Many thanks for your reply, I'll give that a go and let you know how it goes

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Morning,

Many thanks for your previous replies, I have tried to do a factory reset but for whatever reason I can't get the router to do so. It goes back to a green light, then reverts to the blue and all devices connect without me needing to log in to each one. I have tried pushing in the button for 5, 10 and up to 30 seconds but on each occasion the hub lights don't flash. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Tmouse58 

It should only take a five second button push to factory reset. Are you pressing the button whilst the hub is still switched on?

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Christopher_G 

from personal experience it takes nearer 30secs of holding the recessed button on back before lights flash and hub resets back to factory settings

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 8

I stand corrected. Thanks @imjolly 🙂

Chris

0 Ratings