cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Connecting Toshiba TV to BT WIFI network

My Toshiba TV has just been returned from Curry's following a major upgrade / repair. It is working well apart from one thing, I cannot get it to connect to the BT WiFi  network, which seems to mean I have lost some of the features of my setup. I have spent several hours online with Advisors both from Toshiba and BT, but coincidently lost connection with them both before the issue was resolved. But not before several attempts were made to create the connection using WPS. After phoning BT a  new Hub is now being sent, but while I wait for its arrival I would like to  clarify the situation

The key issue appears to be  that WPS does not establish the connection as expected. Several times I have followed instructions up to the point where I have to press / hold the WPS button on the Hub, which flashes on and off, so something is happening. However, in the relevant TV Settings Menu, the TV remains as 'not connected' --- there is no connection to the internet. While speaking on the phone an Advisor found various devices on my network apart from the Hub itself, such as a Chromecast and my Android phone.  But not the TV.

I am hoping that when the new HUB is connected the problem will be solved, but if not what more can I do? Is there something I might have overlooked?

I have FullFibre broadband and the current Hub was included when it was installed

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connecting Toshiba TV to BT WIFI network

Try scanning for networks manually rather than using WPS.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Have you tried temporarily turning off the 5ghz network in hub manager then going to TV settings then internet and see if TV can now 'see' the SSID of the hub ( not the BTWIFI network) and if so try and connect by adding wireless password. If you manage to get connection then back to hub and turn 5ghz back on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I cannot get Chromecast (gen 1) to work again after installation of a new Router / new Network. Chromecast is listed as one of the Networks available but clicking that leads to the TV Settings reporting that there is ''no Network connection." Clicking the new BT Network named in the available list returns the TV to "Network Connected" and everything seems to work, except for the Chromecast! On some devices (tablet, phone, PC) the list of available Networks shows Chromecast as "Connected --- No internet".  What can I try now?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

PS  ---- I will try turning 5 G off, when I have learned how to do it

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

0 Ratings