cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Connectivity and wifi 6

Go to solution

I have here several WiFi 6 routers as well as a bunch of AC based routers and it’s a very grey area.

unless the manufacture published radiation graphs it’s very hard to know exactly what the cone shape is. A few manufacturers do publish but the majority never publish that type of information.

The next problem is WiFi 6, just because a router has WiFi  6 it does not mean it has the full feature set and that is a slight problem as you have to look at the chipset and what it’s capable of supporting and then you have to find out if then if the manufacture of the router supports all those features. For example the high tier NG Rax120 while classed as a WiFi 6 router does not support full BSS Coloring, TwT, full OFDMA and the full MU Mimo support yet lesser models do.

However most of the features are designed for improved performance on latency, coverage, capacity and interference. The 120 I have here as I used that as an example above has great coverage but is too strong for the clients I use and that’s the downside. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: Connectivity and wifi 6

Go to solution

Actually the idea the original respondent gave me (window to window transmission, who'd of thought it *eyeroll at own stupidity*,has resulted in the office machine speed testing at 40mbps which I'll take in a heartbeat. I just needed to lift the transmitter/booster above the level of the brickwork. Seems so obvious now...