cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Consolidating current setup with FTTP

I'm considering a switch to FTTP full fibre 500. How can I consolidate my current VDSL setup (draytek vigor 2865ac and a few APs connected with ethernet) with the new router? I'm reading a few conflicting things about the Smart hub 2's ability to act as a dumb router and pass routing duties to an existing router.

Is it as simple as turning off wireless and routing on the Smart Hub and connecting the Draytek to one of the ports?

I won't be taking up a phone/voice service btw, just Broadband with a TV add-on.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Consolidating current setup with FTTP

As you're not taking a phone service you can dispense with the BT Hub, assuming that the Draytek has a WAN port. The only other consideration is whether it also supports the multicast protocol required for BT TV.

Message 3 of 5

If you don't want the BT Digital Phone service you do not need to use the BTSmarthub. Just plug your Draytek vigor 2865ac into the digital modem that will be installed.

Message 4 of 5

Ah thanks, I hadn't twigged that the ONS is the modem

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, looking in to it there is some tweaking of the settings to get the multicast to work right , but it can be done.

https://iainwoolley.blogspot.com/2017/11/igmp-and-wifi.html 

0 Ratings