cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Devices losing wifi connection since HomeHub6 replaced with SmartHub2.

Go to solution

Hi,

We were recently forced to move from HomeHub6 to SmartHub2 ("Digital Voice blah blah blah").

With the HH6 our SkyBox had a very stable wifi connection - it would stay connected for months without any issues.

Since the SH2 arrived the SkyBox loses its network connection every 2-3 days. Rebooting the SH2 then power-cycling the SkyBox fixes it (i.e. it's not the SkyBox 'forgetting' the network credentials). The SmartTV plugged into the SkyBox retains its wifi conection to the SH2 much better.

Others seeing similar? Anyone found a credible solution?

Thanks,

Nefeco.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Devices losing wifi connection since HomeHub6 replaced with SmartHub2.

Go to solution

There are other similar posts on forum if you use search facility.

I would suggest you change WiFi channels to a fixed channel instead of auto and also ensure you do not use channel 36 on 5ghz as that is used by SKY Q. Try 44 or 48

I have SKY Q and 3 minis a d don't have any problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Devices losing wifi connection since HomeHub6 replaced with SmartHub2.

Go to solution

I only changed the 5GHz wifi channel number and that seems to have sorted it...stable connection for nearly a week now. Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Ratings