cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Do I need an engineer to come to set up by broadband?

I've just moved in a new flat and the previous tenants left their BT wifi router. I'll be purchasing a new broadband subscription from BT but am not sure if I need an engineer to come by to set it up or will I be able to set it up myself?

I've attached photos of the plan I'm considering of purchasing and the socket which we already have installed at our home. 

Thanks in advance.Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 15.34.36.pngScreenshot 2024-03-28 at 15.40.18.jpg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Do I need an engineer to come to set up by broadband?

That's just a copper socket, if you are moving to full fibre the engineer will need to install a completely new fibre line with an ONT.

Are you sure full fibre is available?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Enter your new address and post results. Remember to delete address

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

As the two previous replies have said if you're switching from FTTC to FTTP which is what Full fibre is,  then you'll need an engineer to install some new equipment as well as a new wi-fi hub.

Which at the moment is the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings