cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Do wi-fi discs interfere with each other?

I have a house with solid walls which has been extended front and back on the ground floor. The BT Hub is upstairs in the Study. Wi-Fi upstairs has never been a problem but could be patchy downstairs, so I upgraded to Complete Wi-Fi and the Smart Hub 2. I placed the first disc in the front of the house, this showed a solid blue light. All worked fine but the signal at the back of the house was still weak, so I installed a second disc there. This is showing a solid blue light but now the front disc has gone down to orange. Has the new disc stolen the wi-fi signal from the first one?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Do wi-fi discs interfere with each other?

@Alan_in_Hemel 

I do not use the system, however with most wireless mesh systems, you have to restart the network to allow it to re-configure the links, and include all nodes in the configuration.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I assume you are saying I need to restart the hub! This is a pain as when I do that it will take me about an hour to get the Sky TV system to work again.
I unplugged the new disc and the original one turned blue and showed wi-fi as excellent. I then plugged the new disc in nearer the centre of the house to be closer to the first one. When both are on now the new disc is showing as Excellent on the app and the original one as Good, this now alternates between blue and orange.
I will try restarting the hub when I feel brave or perhaps a power cut in the storms will do that for me.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I decided to adopt a leave well alone policy and see what happens. Over time both discs started showing blue lights and the app said the connections were good. Perhaps they just needed to settle down.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The lights may well alternate from blue to orange on occasion, quite honestly I wouldn't worry about it if they do, the time to worry is if you see one of them go red

0 Ratings