cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Draytek 167 set up - 0 Mbps download, 18Mbps upload

Apologies if this subject has been done to death. Did do some googling but didn't really find an answer.
Judging from comments I've seen, the Draytek 167 is virtually a plug and go unit.
For the moment the Draytek is in Router mode.

My connection is sort of working in that I can log in through the Draytek to connect to this forum.

My broadband speed test shows a zero download speed but an upload speed of circa 18Mbps. This is borne out with timeouts when attempting to open many websites although I can browse the internet after a fashion and take WhatsApp calls
The MODEM diagnostic shows a WAN connection with 70Mbps download and 18Mbps upload.
The WAN also has a Broadband IP allocated.
I've tried the bthomehub@btbroadband.com login and also the login for the local hotspot: no difference.
These are my settings at present.
DSL mode: auto
ADSL setting:
Annex:auto
VPI: 0
VCI:38
Tag:101
Priority:0
IPV4 connection type:PPPoE
Username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
Password: bt
DNS
IPv4 Primary - taken from old hub settings
IPv4 Secondary - taken from old hub setting
WAN connection detect: 
Mode: ARP detect
PPPoE Pass-through to wired lan: off < is this correct????

Any thoughts as I seem to be close but guess I've a setting that is incorrect.
Many thanks in advance.
Harry

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Draytek 167 set up - 0 Mbps download, 18Mbps upload

The most important thing is:  Is the Vigor 167 the k (UK) version - if not you're going to have ongoing problems!

After that, if you've set the Vigor 167 into router mode rather than modem/bridge, you'll need any router that you have behind it set up as an access point or you could suffer from issues caused by "Double NAT".

PPPoE passthrough, you'd only need it to be "on" if you have a device or two with their own secondary WAN IP addresses.

*KISS - Keep It SimpleS*

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings