cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

EE Hybrid connect

I use a third party router in my house as the property is too big to handle the BT WiFi discs they just drop out so instead I had to go to third party equipment. 

I also have the EE Hybrid Connect, would the sim card out of that work in a third party 4G router? What I'm thinking is to plug a 4g router or a dongle with that sim card into my WAN2 port on my Draytek Vigor 2866 for if the WAN 1 (FTTC Connection) would go down it would failover onto a 4g router with the Hybrid connect sim card in it. 

Or would the Hybrid connect work plugged into the WAN2 on the router? From what I've gathered online you the BT Home Hub enables the Hybrid connect hub so the third party router wouldn't know how to enable the Hybrid connect hub??

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: EE Hybrid connect

I use the Asus AX88U and that has the ability to switchover in case the Internet goes down, so depends if your router supports that function.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yeah it does. What I'm asking is how people have it setup. Are you connected directly into the Hybrid connect hub from your third party router or have you taken the sim out into a third party router or dongle?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I have it connected to one of the ethernet ports on the router and have that port set as the failover WAN port. It's much quicker switching over than using the BT smarthub.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Ah ok I'll do that and see how I get on. Its just I seen on other post that it didn't work that was all. https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Hybrid-connect-with-a-third-party-router/td-p/2...

I have an enterprise router so the WAN2 port is designed to work instantly so you lose barely any packets so the switching over should be pretty much instant.

0 Ratings