cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Eero pro 6 as main router

Go to solution
  • Hi all please bear with me an a novice with tech. Just got given Eero pro 6. I've got it set up and WiFi configured in eero app. Every time I remove the red gigabit cable from BT hub 2 and plug it into Erro port, the light goes red. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you 🙏🏽
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Eero pro 6 as main router

Go to solution

Have you entered the BT details into the new router via the admin page of the Eero router?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi I was given the option to create a WiFi connection by the erro app, and used the same one that's on the BT hub 2. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hey, when you say you used the same one as the BT Hub, I assume you mean you’ve used the same settings? 

Setting the new router as PPoE and VLAN ID as 101 etc? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Like I've said this is all new to me. Connected erro to BT H2 via ethernet cable and used the erro app to configure eero. When I disconnected the bt H2 red cable and plug it in eero it goes red. Sorry am rubbish with tech. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I believe its a protocol called PPPOE?  help in  setting up the configuration could help am guessing.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@You need to configure the WAN for PPPoE with the generic details of username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT you don't need to enter the VLAN id as mentioned by @Dangerousdriver77 as that is done by the ONT

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you @Dangerousdriver77  @licquorice  I was confused and kept trying to find pppoe settings on my BT h2 settings. I've managed to configure it on my Eero network settings and sorted it out last night.

Thanks for your patience and support 🙏🏽🙏🏽

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Pleased you got it sorted