cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Expecting Smart Hub 2 Problems

@ploppywrote:

I've had the HH5 a long time - long before Dec 2019.

Well, there you go then. 

Just stick with the advice in message 2 by @licquorice 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

@ploppy wrote:

SH2 is due to arrive tomorrow so I'll have a fun weekend checking everything out.  FYI, we have 2 MacBook Pros, 2 iPhones, iPad 2nd gen, Sonos, Humax Freesat, Chromecast, BT TV, Now TV, most of which use wifi but some are hardwired.  Any known issues with any of these?

No.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

SH2 duly arrived and installed.  All OK so far, on laptops and phones at least.  Behaved strangely at first - I lost wifi a couple of times on my laptop, and the hub then rebooted itself, which it looks like was to upgrade the firmware.

I had a couple of odd issues with the hub's advanced settings.  One was when I trying to rename devices - it didn't like something about the new name for my wife's laptop.  Saving the changes resulted in an endless "Saving" message.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

I have an old HH6 setup as a wireless access point for 5GHz only, likewise I have the 5Ghz on my SH2 disabled and use that purely for 2.4 GHz, Ethernet connections can be connected to both if desired.

I'm not saying it's an ideal solution, after all why should I have to have two routers consuming power at the same time when the one almighty SH2 is supposed to be able to do the work of both but it does work quite well.

TIP: If you're using an HH6 as an access point and you're fed up of the never ending flashing purple light on the front, carefully remove the strip across the middle of it (it just clipped into place) and 'paint 'the light guide with a permanent marker pen, Do Not Use Solvent Based Paint

Message 15 of 15

The hub I just replaced was a HH5.  Seems pointless using that as a WAP, since it was the 5GHz band on it that was misbehaving.

0 Ratings