cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

FTTP 900 suitability with Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub 1) FTTP

Hi,

I am upgrading from FTTC to FTTP 900 soon.

I like my Smart Hub 1 (Home Hub 6) because it works well and most importantly allows me to split the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi bands.

I have the SI FTTP model which has the 4th ethernet port labelled in red as WAN.

I intend to keep this router and when BT present the fibre to the ONT , I will then remove the RJ11 from it which is currently doing FTTC and switch over to an ethernet cable in port 4 (WAN) which goes to the ONT.

Few questions if I may:

1) Does the Smart Hub 1 (HH6) support FTTP 900 OK with regard to throughput ?

2) Does removing the RJ11 cable and plugging the ONT into the WAN port switchover seamlessly ? I assume the HH may just need a reboot ?

Thank you and hope this makes sense.

Si.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: FTTP 900 suitability with Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub 1) FTTP

@pezzer1  I assume you do not require a phone service?

Apart from that, you should be fine.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Thanks Keith, no I don't need a phone service.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Keith, I have recently changed from FTTC to FTTP using the new smart hub 2 supplied. However, really fed up that so many devices cannot connect to each other due to the inability to split 2.4 and 5ghz. I want to go back to BT smart hub 1 but the firmware doesn’t have the FTTP option in advanced settings. How can I update the firmware on the smart hub 1 please? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

As I posted on your own thread firmware updates are automatic so you can't get the FTTP option on your sh1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Just to report back that I had the upgrade to FTTP 900 last week, and the Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub 1) FTTP model has been fine. Speeds have been, as expected, 900/110. Great, in my environment, to have been able to keep the split Wi-Fi bands.

Message 7 of 15

@Clarkey7 the inability to split the WiFi bands has no impact on devices on different bands being able to connect to each other.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

If only that were true! Sorry liquorice I have had all sorts of trouble because of it!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Perhaps, but most people including myself, have no difficulty with devices connected to different bands communicating with each other.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

@Clarkey7 

it is obvious from some forum posts that a few customers seem to have problems with the 2.4/5ghz having same SSID but I, like @licquorice, don't have any problems with the combined wifi bands

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings