cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: FTTP 900 suitability with Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub 1) FTTP

Well then you and and liquorice are very lucky! BT made a big mistake with smart hub 6 v2.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

I also have no issues devices not being able to connect or devices being unstable with the dual bands not being able to be split.

Can you expand on your comment "  I have had all sorts of trouble because of it"  and perhaps if you posted what devices you are having problems with some advice/help might be offered.

As regards your comment "many devices cannot connect to each other due to the inability to split 2.4 and 5ghz"  can you clarify what you mean by that. Is it that, for example, you can not transfer files between devices on your network or is it something else?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Just to throw my two pennyworth in on this subject.

We had a small (and I do mean small) hitch when I fitted our Ring doorbell, it connected to the HH2 with no problem but the connection was unreliable, I was just dragging my laptop out to log onto the hub manager when we had a power cut, the power came back on within a minute and we've had a reliable connection ever since. 

The moral of the story being that power cycling cures all manner of evils with the HH2 and is quick and simple to try.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Thanks Les - glad your power cut worked for you! Tried all those potential fixes, none worked! It’s well documented that the smart hub 6 v2 has this major flaw! Let’s hope BT learn their lesson instead of trying to force overpriced wifi, useless discs into every BT customers home!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

It's not well documented at all that the hub has a flaw, I very much suspect that the devices having problems don't adhere to international standards.

There are a number of posts on the forum with people having problems but if it was a universal problem the forum would be swamped with posts.

And no, I'm not a BT fanboi, before you say it.