cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

FTTP IPv6 UniFi Dream Machine Pro

I have my Dream Machine Pro connected directly to the ONT and am trying to configure IPv6.  I have tried all the settings I can find on this forum and others, on both the LAN and WAN side but don't seem to be having any joy.  If someone has successfully configured this on a Dream Machine I'd love to see a screenshot of the WAN and LAN settings pages so that I can simply copy them across, I'm worried that I'm missing something small in the settings somewhere which is causing me a problem!  I am on Network version 7.4.162

Thanks in Advance!

Luke

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTP IPv6 UniFi Dream Machine Pro

While I don't have the UnifI Dream Machine Pro, the settings for the WAN should be pretty simple.

Connection type:  Native

Interface: PPP

DHCP-PD (or DHCP64): enabled

WAN Prefix length: 56

Auto-Config:  Stateless will generate random IPv6 addresses within your allocation while stateful will use a smaller number of (near) sequential IPv6 addresses.  That really ought to be about it!

Are you getting any specific errors in the logs after making the settings?

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@Lukehakes I cannot find the original post by @eightace  but here is how they fixed my lack of UDM IPV6 support (instructions below) . I was so pleased it fixed the problem I took a screen shot of the instructions for future reference which I have detailed below. I'm using a UDM with Network 7.4.162

Internet - WAN networks - IPV6 using DHCPv6 - prefix delegation 56

Networks - local networks - LAN - IPV6 interface type - prefix delegation and IPV6 RA on and DHCPv6/RDNSS DNS Control Auto

I just retested on my UDM and it still works. 

I hope it helps and works with the UDM Pro!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Yep, those are the settings I am using.  Just doesn't seem to work when I test on https://test-ipv6.com/ just get a bunch of fails.  Assume that site works for you?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Try a couple of the other IPv6 test sites.  Especially if you are running a dual-stack some of the IPv6 test sites tend to give a number of false negatives.

On a dual-stack setup, running the Chrome Extension "IPvFoo" can be interesting as you can see how much of a particular site is IPv6 vs IPv4!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Lukehakes Yes, https://test-ipv6.com/ scores 10/10 in the tests. It did take a minute or two after the changes to give this result though.

0 Ratings